The Academic Libraries Book Acquisition Systems Association, Inc. (ALBASA, Inc.) is pleased to announce the 40th Annual General Assembly on May 28 - 30, 2013 at Sacred Heart Center Cebu, D. Jakosalem Street, Cebu City. The three day program includes a Book Fair, Fellowship and two-day seminar. This years theme is “ALBASA @ 40: Building Resources and Creating Partnerships”. The objectives of the Annual Assembly are:
- To rekindle the reason of ALBASA’s existence as an Association.
- To preserve the legacy left behind by the pillars of the Association.
- To create a avenue of partnership among members institution.
- To support collection development among the members.
- To serve as a forum for librarians and other stakeholders in the information industry to find solutions to mutual concerns.
- To acquaint participants, faculty and administrators on the latest publications and information packages available in the various disciplines.
Please send your Chief Librarian or a duly designated representative who is familiar with your institutions linkage with ALBASA, Inc. Free registration will be given to the first delegate of the institutions who reached the required annual patronage quota and have paid at least 70% of total purchases on or before April 30, 2013. Please refer to the attached list. All other delegates will be assessed a registration fee of Php 2,500 each to include seminar kit and papers, 2 days snacks, lunch and certificate of participation and appearance. Non-ALBASA member participants are assessed Php2,800.00 seminar registration fee.
Pre-registration through email or phone call is welcome and much appreciated as well. We look forward to your active participation and support. Please contact ALBASA office telephone no. (032) 254-0691 or email to: [email protected] for further details.