ACADEMIC LIBRARIES BOOK ACQUISITION SYSTEMS, INC. (ALBASA)
Thesis Production Assistance Program (TPAP)
REVISED POLICY GUIDELINES
(as of May 2014)
1. The Applicant should come from an ALBASA member institution of good standing as defined by ALBASA by-Laws(*Institution of good standing as defined by ALBASA By-Laws- please refer to Section 2A)
2. The Applicant must be permanently employed by the member institution for at least three consecutive years prior to the application.
3. The Applicant’s masters’ degree must be in Library Science and his/her research must be in line with the relevant research areas in Library and Information Science (LIS).
4. The Applicant must secure endorsement letter from the Head/Chief Librarian or Director of Libraries which is duly approved by the School Head and submit the same to the TPAR Committee.
5. The Applicant must submit the following to ALBASA’s Thesis Production Assistance and Review Committee (TPARC):
5.a the abstract of the study as prescribed by ALBASA (refer to No. 6 for the format)
5.b accomplished approval sheet from the chair of LIS/Dean of the College/University
5.c certification/approval for printing duly signed by the panel endorsed by the Chair & approved by the Dean
6. The Applicant must submit thesis abstract in about 200 to 300 words covering the objectives, methodology and main findings of the study, conclusion and recommendations.
Prescribed Abstract Format:
Bibliographic Information (APA Format):
Author (Year defended). Title. Unpublished Master’s Thesis.
Body of the Abstract (In paragraph presentation-200-300 words)
1. Statement of the problem (Main and subsidiary problem)
2. Methodology (only the Research Design)
7. The Thesis applied for must be newly defended. (Newly defended means- must not be more than 2 semesters from the date of oral defense)
8. A final copy (printed and soft) of the funded master’s thesis must be submitted to ALBASA office not more than two months after the release of the first tranche.
9. Due acknowledgement of the ALBASA assistance shall be made in a single sheet of the final copy in the preliminary pages of the soft copy and bound thesis.
10. Using the prescribed ALBASA format, abstract of the research output of the approved TPAP applications may be presented per invitation in the ALBASA General Assembly during the seminar-workshop.
|| Has signed his acceptance of the terms and conditions of the program
|| Upon submission of the bound and soft copy of the thesis
- Non-compliance of the stipulated terms and conditions would imply forfeiture of the release of the second tranche and the return of the first released amount to ALBASA, Inc.