The Academic Libraries Book Acquisition Systems Association, Inc. (ALBASA) will be celebrating its 42nd Annual General Assembly on May 19-21, 2015 at The New White Gold House Restaurant, David Sy Gaisano St., North Reclamation Area, Cebu City. This year’s theme is “ Assessment and Development of Librarians’ Professional Competencies Towards ASEAN Integration” with the following objectives:
- To assess librarians readiness on the application of the new cataloging standards using Resource Description and Access (RDA).
- To provide a forum for members to develop problem solving skills and competencies towards mutual recognition/arrangement with ASEAN countries.
- To ensure that librarians are well-trained on the proper ways of dealing with different types of library users including difficult clients.
- To update the participants on the new developments of IT application in libraries especially QR codes and better ways of managing eResources.
- To serve as a venue where participants, faculty and administrators can choose latest publications and information packages in various disciplines for their libraries as well as share their thoughts and ideas relevant to the profession.
Please send your Chief Librarian or a duly designated representative who is familiar with your institution’s linkage with ALBASA, Inc. to attend the Business Meeting, Seminar and Fellowship Night. Free seminar registration will be given to the first delegate of the institutions who reached the required annual patronage quota and have paid at least 70% of total purchases on or before April 30, 2015. All other delegates will be assessed a seminar registration fee of Php 3,000.00 inclusive of seminar kit, certificate, hand-outs, 2 days morning and afternoon snacks and lunch (May 20-21, 2015) and participation in the fellowship night. Let the Fellowship Night be your night, please come in your Rock Star Attire.
Non-member participants may come on May 20-21, 2015 for the seminar and they are assessed a seminar registration fee of Php3,500.00 inclusive of seminar kit, certificate, hand-outs, 2 days morning and afternoon snacks and lunch.
A CHED memo endorsement is being applied for this conference.
For further information, please contact ALBASA office at (032) 2540691 or email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you for your continued commitment/support to our association
Click here to download 42nd Annual General Assembly Program from ALBASA, INC.
Click here to download invitation letter from ALBASA, INC. for members
Click here to download invitation letter from ALBASA, INC. for non mebers
Click here to download 42nd Annual General Assembly Program from ALBASA, INC. CHED Memo