The Academic Libraries Book Acquisition Systems Association, Inc. (ALBASA, Inc.) is pleased to announce the 41st Annual General Assembly on May 14 - 16, 2014 at The New White Gold House Restaurant, David Sy Gaisano St., North Reclamation Area, Cebu City. This three-day program includes a Book Fair, Fellowship and a two-day seminar. This year’s theme is “Transforming Libraries for the 21st Century: Trends and Practices”.
This years assembly has the following objectives:
- To understand the on-going transformation of libraries into knowledge hubs.
- To update the participants on the developments of the proposal on the Standard Library Requirements for Academic Libraries Common to All Programs.
- To ensure that librarians are abreast on the development and trends of the 21st century libraries.
- To provide a forum for ALBASA members to discuss about the new guidelines on continuing professional development of librarians.
- To serve as a venue where participants, faculty and administrators can choose latest publications and information packages in various disciplines for their libraries.
Please send your Chief Librarian or a duly designated representative who is familiar with your institutions linkage with ALBASA, Inc. to attend the Business Meeting and Fellowship Night. Free seminar registration will be given to the first delegate of the institutions who reached the required annual patronage quota and have paid at least 70% of total purchases on or before April 30, 2014. All other delegates will be assessed a seminar registration fee of Php 3,000.00 inclusive of seminar kit, hand-outs, 2 days snacks, lunch and participation in the fellowship night. Let the Fellowship Night be your night, please come in your Filipiniana Attire. Non-ALBASA member participants are assessed Php 3,500.00 seminar registration fee.
Enclosed is the tentative program. Please visit our website, www.albasainc.org for additional information or contact ALBASA office at telephone no. (032) 254-0691 or email to: firstname.lastname@example.org for clarifications. Online registration is now available on our website.
Thank you for your prompt response to this invitation and for your continued commitment/support to our association. See you all in May during our Annual General Assembly.
Click here to download invitation letter from ALBASA, INC.
Click here to download Filipiniana dance contest guidelines from ALBASA, INC.
Click here to download 41st Annual General Assembly Program from ALBASA, INC.
Click here to download CHED ENDORSEMENT LETTER